001 - What is a hazard?
What is a hazard?
Activity One - Definitions and Types of Hazards
- Define the word hazard.
- Define the word disaster.
- When does a hazard become a disaster?
- On an A4 sheet of paper brainstorm the different types of hazards - you can only use pictures.
Activity Two - Jigsaw
As a group you will be divided in to teams to research a particular type of hazard. Each team will become an 'expert' on that hazard by filling a handout of the grid below.
- You will have 20 minutes to research the hazard.
- One person in the team will be chosen to be the expert.
- The other team members will then rotate around the other groups to learn about our other focus hazards. They will also take notes.
- Once each team has rotated around all the groups they will rejoin their chosen 'expert' to teach him/her about the other hazards.