004 - Biodiversity and Change
Explain (AO2) the concept and importance of biodiversity in tropical rainforests.
Examine (AO3) the causes and consequences of reduced biodiversity in this biome.
- Why are rainforests important?
- What are the problems that rainforest face?
- How is the biodiversity of rainforest threatened?
- Describe the possible solutions to the destruction of the rainforest.
You will be given the geofiles below to help you answer the questions above.
Activity Two - Review
- Using your 'Course Companion' page 71 make notes on the destruction of rainforests in Borneo.
Activity Three - Essay
"Destroying rainforests for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal " (Edward O. Wilson) Discuss (15 marks)
This will be timed in-class essay the first lesson after the break.