005 - Alternatives - Anti-globalisation Groups
Discuss (AO3) the position held by anti-globalisation groups.
Image One - Anti-Globalisation
- Anti-globalisation group
Define the words above using the 'Command Term' posters in the classroom and the useful link below:
Activity One - Review
There are different forms of anti-globalisation movements and it doesn't have to be violence against people or a specific brand. It can be as small as one person deciding to buy local products in the supermarket.
Image Two - Protests against Globalisation
- What are the different forms of anti-globalisation movements? Consider the different scales - individuals, NGOs and pressure groups and sovereign states.
- Watch the Youtube clip above and write down all the different things that people are protesting about. How do these link to globalisation.
- Create a timeline of the anti-globalisation movement.
- What changes have happened to the anti-globalisation movements?
- Why have these changes occurred?