004 - The Pyramids
To have knowledge of how and why the pyramids were built.
As you watch the clips below answer the following questions.
- Where did the workers come from?
- What were the key requirements for the people chosen?
- What is the key to the pyramids? Why?
- What is important about the pyramid's shape?
- Why were the pyramids built?
- What was Giza like?
- How was the pyramid built?
- Why were people afraid of the desert?
- Where did the stone come from?
- How was the stone cut?
- What did the scribes do?
- The building of the pyramids helped to unify Egypt, how did it do this?
- What was put inside the pyramids and why?
- Complete a flow chart using diagrams and a written description to show how the pyramids were built. You should have 5 different steps starting with the clearing of the ground and finishing with the pyramid ramps being removed.
- Write a report to the Pharaoh on the progress of the building of the pyramid. Think about the problems that may be occurring and how they might be solved.
Using the library or the internet find out where the pyramids were constructed and mark them on to your Egyptian map.