003 - Case Study of
Did exploration by the Europeans cause disparities in wealth and development?
Activity One - Name that Explorer
We have discussed the concept of exploration and the impact that it has generally had for the country of origin and the country of destination but who went out to find these new 'worlds'.
1. Name the explorers in the pictures below.
2. Write down what the explorers in the pictures are famous for.
Activity Two - Essay
Your task is to write an essay on the impact that an explorer of your choice has had on the world today.
You need to consider the following points:
- Who is your explorer?
- What did he discover?
- What were the positive impacts of his discovery?
- What were the negative impacts of his discovery?
- Overall was his discovery a positive of negative impact on the world?
You can take each question and answer it in separate paragraphs. Remember you will need to illustrate your ideas using evidence - quotes, data etc.
- 750 words in length
- Typed - size 12 font in either Ariel or New Times Roman script
How will I be Assessed?
Criterion A: Knowing and Understanding
Criterion C: Communicating
Criterion D: Thinking Critically