001 - Inside the Earth
How is the inside of the earth divided?
How do the plates of the earth move?
- Inner Core
- Outer Core
- Destructive plate margin
- Constructive plate margin
- Conservative plate margin
We will be using the words above throughout the lesson. As you write and use them - make sure you highlight it.
Activity One - Watch
It is important to learn about how our Earth is shaped to understand where people live, how they trade and even the types of inventions that people create. Watch the clip below to gain knowledge of how the plates we live on move. You don't need to write anything down for this.
Now answer the following questions from the clips below:
- What are the different sections of the Earth called?
- What are the different sections made of?
- How much do the plates move on average every year?
- Why do the plates move? You could draw a diagram to help you.
Activity Two - Plate Margins
Out planet is shaped by the plates that move underneath our feet. To understand where we can find mountain ranges and where the deepest parts of our oceans are we need to learn how the different plates move. Answer the following questions on paper, you will be drawing and writing.
- Draw a table which has three columns and five rows in your book.
- Label the first column - name, the second - diagram and the third - description.
- Using the table below match the name of the plate margin to the description, then copy it into the table.
- In the diagram column, draw a picture of the plate margin.