003 - Population and Development
To what extent does population change influence the levels of development?
- Demographic Transition Model
Define the key terms above by using the 'Useful Links' below:
Activity One - Demography
Demography is the study of population. The Demographic Transition Model looks at the changes in the birth and death rates of a country and how this impacts the country's overall population size. There is a strong correlation between a country's birth and death rates and their level of development.
- Write a definition of demography in your own words.
- Describe what the Demographic Transition Model shows by watching YouTube clip one and reading the Slideshare.
- Copy out the diagram and table below. Fill in the table using the Slideshare.
- Watch the second YouTube clip and add to your table.
Image One - Stages of the Demographic Transition Model
YouTube Clip One
YouTube Clip Two
Activity Three - Thinking Critically - Extension
- We will be completing the 'Living Graph' in the 'Thinking Through Geography' book by David Leat. Add the sentences given to you to your graph.
- Devise five sentences of your own for the living graph and write them on the padlet page. http://padlet.com/geobecks/livinggraph
- Pick five sentences from your peers on the Padlet page and add them to your 'living graph'.