003 - Reflection
What is a reflection?
How successful has this IDU been?
Image One - Writing a Reflection
Taken From - http://www.makereducation.com/
Define what the word reflection means using your own knowledge and the useful link below.
Activity One - Write
Your task is to write a reflection on the 'Relationships in Time and Space' - historical fiction IDU. It is good to know what you have learnt from this process and whether it has been beneficial to work with two departments.
- 45 minutes to write it
- Approximately 300 words - this is only a guideline and you can write more.
Potential Questions to Answer
Sometimes it is a little difficult to start writing a reflection, so to help you there are a number of questions below to focus your thoughts.
- How have the skills you have learnt in English helped you to write a successful historical story? E.g. has it helped you to organise your work?
- What other skills would you have liked to have learnt?
- What skills have you learnt in I&S that have helped you to write a successful historical story? E.g. have you become more open-minded?
- How has the content and understanding of historical accuracy helped you to write a successful historical story?
- What would you have liked to have learnt about this period of history that would have helped you to write a historical story?
- How has working with two departments affected your writing of a historical story?
- How can writing historical fiction affect your understanding of history?
- Did you face any challenges when writing this story and how did you overcome them?
- Are there any recommendations that you have for us to help improve the IDU process?
- Do you have any advice for next years Year 8 on how to complete this project successfully?
How will I be Assessed?
How will I be assessed?
Criteria D - Reflection