003 - Nuclear Weapons: A Case Study
What is a case study?
To what extent does the ownership of nucler weapons create negative geographic factors for a country?
- Geographic Factors (social, economic, environmental and politcal)
Activity One - Case Study
Today, the ownership of nuclear weapons remains a politically contentious issue. It is your task to develop a case study of nuclear weapons in a country of your choice.
- We will initially watch the YouTube clip together. All you need to do is listen.
- Using Image Two, describe the location of countries that have the potential to make nuclear weapons.
- Choose a country who has the potential (or already has) to make nuclear weapons and create a case study on that Nation. An outline of what a case study is can be found below.
What is a Case Study?
A case study is used to illustrate a thesis statement or principle. In this case you are going to explain why a country needs to have the procurement of nuclear weapons. Your case study needs to include the following elements:
- Reasons why the country has nuclear weapons.
- History of nuclear development within the country.
- Cost of nuclear weapons.
- Impact of having nuclear weapons. Remember impact includes the positive and negative factors.