003 - The Land Between Two Rivers
To have knowledge of the growth of the Mesopotamian civilisation.
Define the above terms using a dictionary.
- As you watch the clip below mind map all the achievements of the Mesopotamian civilisation.
Answer the following questions using your 'Ancient World' text book and the clips above.
- Where is Mesopotamia located?
- Where are the two important rivers located in Mesopotamia?
- What is a city-state?
- Draw a labelled diagram of a Sumerian city.
- Describe the different religions in Sumer.
- Why did Sumer lose its power in 2300BC?
- Describe how people farmed the land in Mesopotamia.
- Make notes on the clip below.
Answer the following questions using your notes from the clip above and the 'Ancient World' text book.
- What is an empire?
- When did Babylonia reach its height of power?
- What did Babylonia and Assyria have in common?
- Describe how the Babylonian empire developed its trade and wealth.
- Describe Assyria's contributions towards war?
- Who defeated the Assyrian empire?
- How did Babylonia rise again?
Using the clips above and your 'Ancient Times' text book answer the following questions.
- What is a code?
- Describe Hammurabi's code?
- Why are laws important for everyone?
- What is a scribe?
- What was the importance of ancient scribes?
- Why could early scribes write on clay?
- How was writing invented?