001 - Challenging Stereotypes
To have an awareness of how images can influence our perceptions of cultures.
As a group discuss the meaning of a stereotype.
- Divide an A4 page in to two. On one side draw a picture of an American person and the other British person. Make sure you label the key features.
- As a group we will discuss the results of the different images.
- Looking at the images below write down what you think they tell us about Saudi Arabia.
- Spend 10 minutes researching Saudi Arabia and write your findings in the form of a mind map.
- Discuss your finding with the group.
- Write two paragraphs which sum up your impressions of Saudi Arabia.