001 - Resources and Theories
Does every country 'need' the same resources? Discuss
Define the words above using the following links:
Activity One - Opinion
- Write down ten resources that you can not live without.
- Group the resources using the terminology above.
- Within three paragraphs write down the resources which we ´need´.
- Within three paragraphs discuss how the resources we 'need' may differ between a LEDC and a MEDC.
Activity Two - Skill
- Describe the global change in use of resources. Don't forget to include figures to illustrate your answers.
What is Malthusian and neo-Malthusian thought?
What is Boserup's theory on resources?
Can economic theories relating to resources still apply today?
- Optimum Population
Define the term optimum population using the link below. You will define the others throughout the activities.
Activity One - Describe
Activity Two - Comprehension
Using the information above and below, answer the following questions:
- Write a description of Malthusian and Boserup´s theories. A diagram may help.
- What are the limitations of both theories?
- What are the strengths of both theories?