003 - Food Revolution
How has food production increased in the last century?
Can the increase in food production really be evidence that Boserup's theory on resources is correct?
- Genetically Modified Food
- Green Revolution
Activity One - Describe and Discuss
- Describe the change in cereal production since 1961.
- Why has global food production increased?
- How has the change impacted what we buy?
- Do you consider the impact of what is in your fridge? Explain your answer.
Activity Two - Evaluation
Global population has increased rapidly since the industrial revolution began in the mid 1850s and to cope with the rise in population the production of food has also had change.
- What were these changes and how have they impacted the socio-economic environment?
- Read the article ´Agriculture Since the Industrial Revolution´ (below) and develop a time line of the changes that have occurred in agricultural production and why those changes were implemented.
2. What is the Green Revolution?
3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Green Revolution?