004 - Manipulation
To have knowledge of how Gandhi manipulated resources in India to influence the decolonisation process.
Activity One - Mind Mapping
- Mind map everything you know about India and Gandhi.
- As a group we will discuss what knowledge you are bringing to class.
Activity Two - Watch
- As you watch the clips try and answer the questions below:
Activity Three - Obituary
Your task is to write an obituary on the life and accomplishments of Gandhi. This can be written from the period of time directly after Gandhi's death or from a more recent decade. Try and include the following points:
- Define key terms such as decolonisation
- Key facts - death, birth, date of independence
- Gandhi's personality and the impact of it
- Raising awareness of the issues - segregation, inequality, racism, manipulation of resources, how was this done? Success?
- Long term impacts of Gandhi's life
- No more than 1200 words
- Structure - thesis statement, topic sentence, conclusion (5 paragraph essay)
- Check your spelling, punctuation and grammar.
You will be assessed on Criterion A: Knowing and Understanding and D: Communicating.