006 - Falling Water
To have knowledge of how waterfalls are formed and how waterfalls are used by humans.
- plunge pool
- Watch the clip below and draw a set of diagrams to explain how a waterfall is formed.
Your task is to develop a special interest leaflet for National Geographic on a specific waterfall. The aspects that you need to include are:
- The name of a waterfall.
- Where the waterfall is located - a map could be useful.
- Who first discovered that waterfall.
- How that specific waterfall was created.
- Any myths or legends surrounding that waterfall.
- How the waterfall is used today.
- Leaflet - can use both sides of an A4 sheet of paper. You can use outlines that your computer provides.
- Headings are useful
- Spell and grammar check all of your work
You will be assessed using Criterion A - Knowing and Understanding and B - Investigating.