004 - Population Pyramids
What is a population pyramid?
How can population pyramids be linked to the Demographic Transition Model?
- Population Pyramid
Define the word above using the following link:
Activity One - What is a population pyramid? What do they show?
Answer the following the questions using the slideshare above:
- What do population pyramids represent?
- Using diagrams describe the three main pyramid shapes.
- Give two examples for each of the the three main pyramid shapes.
Activity Two - Making Pyramids
- Using the lego provided, build a population pyramid for each stage of the Demographic Transition Model.
- Draw the models on paper and next to them suggest why you have chosen that shape for the five different stages of the Demographic Transition Model.
Stage 1 - High Stationary
- Draw the population pyramid
- Justify the shape and why it would link to stage 1 of the Demographic Transition Model