003 - Yosemite National Park
Can we ever know enough about the places and the systems that create them to make good decisions?
- Natural (physical) landscape
- National Park
Define the words above using the useful links below:
Installing Apps for the Lesson
Google Street View
Activity One - Describe
- Describe the location (where) Yosemite National Park is. Think country, then state and location using directions within the State.
Yosemite National Park is located in -------------- (country). It is in the State of ------------- (State). Specifically in the ----------------- (compass directions) of ------------- (State).
2. Write a phrase to remember which way around the compass points go. Then draw out the compass points below.
Taken From: https://www.mycyberwall.co.za/get-smart/geography/grade-4/points-compass
3. Mind map what Yosemite looks like. Describe the natural/physical landscape think about size, colour, shapes.
- We will watch the youtube clip as a group to help you answer the question.
- You can use either the image below or your google street view app
- Search Glacier Point Yosemite > Explore and choose a good view.
- Search Yosemite Valley > Featured > Yosemite > The Base of El Capitan
View from Glacier Point
Climbing El Capitan
4. Why do you think Yosemite became a National Park?
5. What types of things can people do at Yosemite National Park?
6. Why do you think we should protect a landscape like Yosemite?