002 - Adoption of globalization
Examine (AO3) the extent to which commercial activities at a local scale have become globalized.
Examine (AO3) the reasons why the level and rate of adoption varies from place to place.
- Commercial activities
Define the key terms above using your 'Global Interactions' textbook by Guinness, the 'Command Term' posters in the classroom and the useful links below:
Activity One - Adoption
Image One - Core and periphery
Globalisation can be looked at, at different scales. Complete the following questions using the resources below, our discussion and the resources provided.
- What scales can the adoption of globalisation be looked at?
- Mind map the factors which impact the level of adoption. Don't forget to explain.
- Name the 10 most globalised countries and the 10 least globalised countries. Hint look at the KOF index.
- For the most and least globalised countries describe the factors which you think have made them this way. Consider the factors above and the fact that they are core and periphery nations. Also, try and link to different sections of the syllabus.
- What are the positives of globalisation?
- What are the negatives of globalisation?
- How have local small-scale commercial activities become globalised? Use Coke Cola or McDonald's as your example.
'Global Interactions' textbook pages 218-222