003 - Hubs
What is a hub?
What factors are needed to create a hub?
Analyse the impact that economic hubs have?
Activity One - Describe
It is important to be able to describe a pattern by being able to interpret information from a map. Answer the following questions.
- Using the map below describe the pattern of global distribution of internet cables.
- What reasons can you give for the pattern?
Activity Two - Watch
- Watch the YouTube clips below and write down the factors that India is using to create their country into a manufacturing and telecommunications hub.
Global Manufacturing Hub
BMW - Made in India
Changing face of modern India
Activity Three - Hubs
Answer the following questions using the map, the infographic below and the resources provided.
- How has the access to the internet and mobile phones changed in India?
- Compare the internet use in urban and rural India?
- Where is Bangalore located?
- Why has Bangalore become a digital hub within India? Think about landscape and use the article from the BBC to answer this question.
Image Two - Infographic showing internet use in India