007 - Internal Migration
Evaluate (AO3) internal migrations in terms of their geographic (socio-economic, political and environmental) impacts at their origins and destinations.
- Internal migration
Define the words above using the the 'Command Term' posters in the classroom and the useful links below.
Activity One - Describe
Answer the following questions using the map below. You may need to look at the physical maps on the tables to help you ( or the physical map below) and the youtube clip from the Economist.
- Describe the movement of people in China.
- Why do you think the migrants may have moved to these areas?
A map to show internal migration patterns within China.
Physical map of China
Activity Two - Case Study
Create a case study on internal migration in China. Consider the following points when completing the case study:
- Including a map - remember to add value by including the desire lines or annotations.
- Why have migrants chosen to move?
- What impact has this movement had on the area of origin?
- What impact has this movement had on the destination area?
- Has China put in any controls to prevent this mass movement? How successful have those controls been?
The articles, slideshare and document will help you to complete your case study.