002 - Muhammad and Islam
To have knowledge of the importance of Muhammad and the development of Islam.
By watching the clip try and answer the questions below. Don't panic if you don't get it all down we will also use the internet to do a little research.
- Who was Muhammad and where did he come from?
- What do Muslims' believe?
- What is the Qur-an?
- What are the key teachings in the Qur-an?
- Name and describe the five pillars of Islam.
- Describe the importance of the Hadith.
- What is the Ummah?
- Why were the Banu Hashim's important?
- What is a Medina (Madinah)? Why was it important?
- When did Muhammed die?
- What was the consequence of his death?
- Design a poster to inform people what the five pillars of Islam are. The poster should be no more than A4 in size.
- Write an obituary for Muhammed.
- What is an obituary? Discuss
- What key aspects need to be included in an obituary? You will have 5 minutes to research this and we will share the information found on padlet.com/wall/obituary (an ideas wall).
- Date of birth/death
- Cause of death
- Short biography
- Family (spouse, kids, (grand)parents, cousins)
- Closest friends/workmates
- Maximum of two sides of A4.
- You can use images of Islam but not of Muhammad as Muslims' do not worship any image as God has no image.
- Remember to check your spellings and grammar.
Your obituary will be assessed using Criteria A - Knowing and Understanding and Criteria D - Communicating.