003 - Transport and Trade
To have knowledge of how successful the Muslims were at expanding their Kingdom and the importance of trade.
Watch the clip below and write down notes concerning the following points:
- How do the Muslims travel?
- What key physical geography features did they use to help them get through the desert?
- What did they trade?
- What were the conditions like for a trader? Think about living conditions/access to water/food
- What is a caravanserai and how was it used?
- Add any interesting facts.
Your task is to write a diary extract for a day in the life of a trader. This could be written as a description as the trader enters the caravanserai, or how they use the oasis or just a day on the back of a camel. Do think about the following points:
- Activity - what are you doing.
- People around you
- Overall experience
- At least one page of A4 but no more than two.
- If typing - size 12 font
- Check your spellings and grammar.