003 - Responses to high and low fertility
Explain (AO2) dependency and ageing ratios.
Examine (AO3) the impacts of youthful and ageing populations.
Answer the following questions:
- For what purpose would we need to know the dependency ratio or ageing ratio for a country?
- What is a triangular graph?
- What are the benefits of using a triangular graph?
- Page 11 of the 'Geography Course Companion' by Nagle and Cooke
- Slideshare the benefits and problems of triangular graphs page 4.
Activity Two - Examine Impacts
As Examine is an Assessment Objective three you task is to plan an essay for the following question:
To what extent are youthful and ageing populations a drain on society? (15 marks)
Use the resources below to help you to research your points along with the essay grid for structure.
Ageing Population - Causes and Consequences
Youthful Population - Causes and Consequences