007 - Sustainable Tourism
Can tourism ever be sustainable?
- Sustainable tourism
Activity One - Watch
- What is sustainable tourism?
- Who and what does sustainable tourism benefit?
Activity Two - Newspaper Article
You have been employed by the National Geographic to write an article about the impact sustainable tourism has had on a specific country. You will need to include the following things:
- Map of the country - annotations where sustainable projects have been put in place.
- The negative impact that tourism was having on the country or region within a country.
- A description of sustainable projects.
- An analysis of the success of the sustainable projects - this will need to be looked at from different perspectives e.g. environmentalist, economist, local community.
You will need to plan your newspaper report using Mindmesiter. This will allow you to record your findings, link ideas together and record your bibliography more effectively.
- Images to illustrate your points - these need titles and figure numbers
- Maximum of 1200 words
- Can be typed or hand written but a hard copy must be handed in!
- Remember to spell and grammar check your work
How will I be assessed?
Criterion C: Communicating
Criterion D: Thinking Critically
Here are a set of resources for the country Cambodia. You can of course choose which ever country you wish to investigate but they are here to point you in the right direction.