006 - Alternatives - Contemporary non-globalised society
Evaluate (AO3) the quality of life of a contemporary non-globalised society.
Image One - Factors which constitute happiness.
Taken From - http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/118025/118117/QoL+concept+.png
- Quality of life
- Non-globalised society
Define the words above using the 'Command Term' posters in the classroom and the useful links below:
Activity One - Mind Map
Every single unit has discussed the idea of globalisation and how it has developed, so how can a section of society be non-globalised? It is by choice or is it down to location? Answer the following questions below.
- Why does a society become non-globalised?
- Divide your page into two. On one side write the positives of a non-globalised society and on the other write the negatives. Use colour to help the differences stand out.
Image Two - How to Mind Map Ideas
Taken From - http://thesishub.org/note-taking/
Activity Two - Case Study
We will be focusing on the Amish as a non-globalised society. We are focusing on them as they are located in the USA, one of the most globalised countries in the world. But who are they? Where did they originate from? What is their life like? How have they rejected globalisation when they are surrounded by it? Are the types of questions that you will be answering for this case study.
Image Three - The Amish using Typical Transport
Taken From - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/13229392626518306/
- Looking at the map above where do the Amish live in the USA?
- Why do you think the Amish live in those States of the USA?
- Using the useful resources below write 10 key bullet points about the history of the Amish.
- What religion are the Amish?
- Watch the YouTube clip below and describe what the Amish lifestyle like?
- How can their lifestyles be classified as non-globalised?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of their lifestyle?
- What is it really like to live with the Amish as a globalised citizen? Watch and make notes from the second Youtube clip.
- Are the Amish truly non-globalised? Watch the third Youtube clip but remember it has been 'sensationalised'.
Exam Style Essay
To what extent will non-globalised societies become integrated with the global world? 15 marks