001 - Population Growth
How has the global population changed?
- Birth Rate
- Death Rate
- Infant Mortality
- Child Mortality
- Natural Increase
- Population Momentum
- Fertility Rates
We will be using these terms throughout the lesson. If you are unsure of what the words mean just click on the link to find out.
Activity One - Watch
- Do any of the statistics surprise you? Write them on the A4 white board.
Activity Three - Skill
- Using the graph below, describe how global population has changed since 1750.
- Draw a mind map to suggest reasons why global population has changed.
- What impact has this change in population had on the world?
The following articles may help you to answer the above question.
Activity Four - Redefining Terms
- Suggest reasons why we don't use the terms 'developing world' and 'developed world' in Geography.