003 - Online Mapping
You will be working with various teachers throughout the week to build up your knowledge of the history and importance of Geneva. On Monday afternoon in the Library you will be working to develop your understanding of how to use different maps online.
This is not the time to play on your computers, you will need to concentrate to keep up!
How has Geneva changed over time?
How can we use technology to help develop our understanding of change over time?
Approaches to Learning
Communication - Reading, writing and using language to gather and communicate information - Make inferences and draw conclusions.
There is no specific terminology that you need to know for this lesson.
Activity Two - Visit - Google My Maps
We are now going to be looking specifically at the different sites that we will visit tomorrow. To do this we are going to be using Google MyMaps. Some of you have already done this with Mr. Allaway in the Wednesday Enrichment lessons and others have used it for the Iceman Project. Don't worry though if you don't know how to use Google My Maps, just follow the instructions below:
- Search for Google MyMaps in your search engine.
- Sign in using your school ecolint account.
- Click on the red - 'Create A New Map' - to get a new blank map.
- Follow the instructions in Image One below to get you started with pinning and filling the points with information about each place that we will visit.
- Mark on to your map the sites in the text box.
- Using the information in the 'Useful Resources' box below the image, write a description of why the site is important, what is has been used for and how it is used today.
Sites We Are Visiting
Hotel de Ville
Musee d'Art et d'Histoire
Passage de Monetier
Place du Bourg-de-Four
Reformation Wall/Mur des Reformateurs
Saint Pierre Cathedrale
Temple de la Madeleine
Image One - Google MyMaps