5 - Collapsed Week
Throughout the collapsed week you will be working with the Arts and Individuals and Societies department to explore our host city of Geneva. You will be investigating how Geneva developed over time and what key events helped to shape its unique history. Within the Arts you will be taking what you have learnt in I&S to create an artefact which celebrates Geneva's past and present.
Time, Place and Space - how does location impact how civilisations develop?
Conflict, Cooperation, Process - how have events throughout Geneva's history helped to create the city today?
Orientation in Space and Time - how are people connected with the landscape (natural and human) that they live in?
Statement of Inquiry
Civilisations emerge and develop in cooperation and conflict with each other depending on their orientation in space and time.
Factual Question: Remembering facts and topics
- What is a natural advantage?
- What natural advantages are there in Geneva?
- How has Geneva developed over time and space?
Conceptual Question: Evaluating perspectives and developing theories.
- How did the processes of cooperation and conflict help to shape the city of Geneva?
Debatable Question: Analysing big ideas
- What buildings/sites/images should be used to make an iconic scene of Geneva?
Timetable for the Week
Who should you be with, when and where?